Yesterday was Chicken Moving Day

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by imamtgrandma2, Jun 30, 2010.

1. imamtgrandma2

imamtgrandma2 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    5000' above Fresno, CA
    Yesterday was chicken moving day. The Girls were reluctant to go down the ramp to the run but with a little "push" from me they went down the ramp and ate their breakfast. Last night I had to shoo them "up" the ramp to go to bed in the coop.
    Tonight when I went out to give them their evening treat THEY WERE ALREADY UP IN THE COOP!! What smart girls I have.
    I'm such a proud mommy! ![​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    Congrats on the move. It is amazing how they put themselves to bed. Now I better understand the "going to bed with the chickens".

3. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    It's been chicken-moving-WEEK here!
    22 teenagers went from the pediatric ward to the neighbor's empty chicken house as a housewarming gift.
    4 preteen (4 week) orps came home from DD's banty broody hatch and blended right in with the banty preteens wandering around freeranging since birth.
    Tonight we put the 4 teenagers ( 10 weeks) who remained here into the Big House since they have been freeranging all week with everyone else.
    And hopefully this weekend the 17 babies (two weeks) will move from the inhouse brooder-nursery to OUTSIDE into the pediatric ward.

This is ridiculous. We have too many chickens and I don't know how we are going to get down to winter-capacity numbers. I'm hoping winter arrives late!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by