Really trying not to be such a pain in the arse with so many questions here, but since I am hoping to raise some healthy buttons that lay healthy eggs for hatching, I'm looking at some different brands of feed and dietary supplements for them. One of the concerns I've been reading about deal with feeding birds live meal worms. I've been feeding live meal worms to both my buttons and other aviary birds. When my other birds eat these worms, I notice they do bite the heads off first before swallowing them (I've also seen them do this when they feed them to their chicks.) Yet, when my buttons eat them, they swallow them whole, without biting the heads off the first. I read where meal worms have a stronger head/jaw that can burrow through soft tissue if not removed before they are ingested. Has anyone found this to be the case? Do most of you (or maybe all of you) cut the heads off first, and I am the only one who didn't know that I was supposed to be doing this?