Here are some pics of my new chicken coop. I wanted something easy to maintain, well ventilated (Arkansas hot hot summers) and not to shabby looking. I decided on a 1/2 inch hardware cloth floor 2 ft above the ground for easy cleanout. Here is DH finishing tacking in the hardware cloth It can be closed up, but the intent was that the run be secure enough that it wouldn't have to be. Coop is 8 ft x 8 ft, the front is 4 feet and the back is 3 feet. Here is the front, back and one side framed. You can see the dog kennel panels that will become the pen, it is 30 feet by 20 feet. 1 inch chick wire was layed and tacked to the ground, running 8 inches up the panels and fastened with pig rings. The two strand electric fence was installed. The entire run is covered with fingerling seine. Here's another view of the framing from the front. I he ever going to finish that tacking? I didn't get enough pictures as it went up. Exterior is exterior T&G plywood. Roof is Aluminum. Both sides have a 2 ftx4 ft downward opening door that will drop completely open to allow for access to inside the coop. Front window covered in hardware cloth, as well as the ventilation between the rafters on the roof. 2 ft overhang front and back. Front opening chicken door. The back has two 2 ft doors that swing open to allow access to the nest boxes that will be installed (hopefully before the chickens start laying). A third door in the back will open to a small 2ft x 2 ft closet from the outside for storage. Perches, (I know, they're round, but the chickens don't seem to mind, they're pretty big) run from front to back along one side. The drop door on the other side has a feeder built in using plywood and gutter material. A view from the side looking through both openings. The panel leaning against the side is the door for the side opening. Here's one of the guys that started it all. And here's the flock on the porch waiting for the flood waters to subside. 40 8 wk old red star sex-link. I will add more pics shortly so you can see the almost completed version. Still have a few details to work on. I designed the coop and was slowly putting it together, but if DH and a friend had not donated a weekend to the project, I'd still be way behind.