(Yet another) pls help id these 'scovy ducklings

hossfeathers

Songster
10 Years
Oct 24, 2009
So, mixed flock of Appleyards & Scovies, with both drakes (AY & Scovy) chasing anything with feathers. One muscovy started setting, but I can not say that all of her clutch were her eggs. She sat on nine, hatched four, and I found two eggs with dead ducklings in them (I was unforunately out of town for the actually hatching.) (No clue what happened with the other 3 eggs, although they could have been shifted to another nest, and collected by my ducksitters as "fresh" eggs.) (ewww.)

So the ducklings could be pure Appleyard, pure scovy, or mules.

Impossible to tell from this angle, but the far right duckling (the one with the wild type pattern) is smaller than the others and has a pink bill & feet.

Thoughts?

So, mixed flock of Appleyards & Scovies, with both drakes (AY & Scovy) chasing anything with feathers. One muscovy started setting, but I can not say that all of her clutch were her eggs. She sat on nine, hatched four, and I found two eggs with dead ducklings in them (I was unforunately out of town for the actually hatching.) (No clue what happened with the other 3 eggs, although they could have been shifted to another nest, and collected by my ducksitters as "fresh" eggs.) (ewww.)

So the ducklings could be pure Appleyard, pure scovy, or mules.

Impossible to tell from this angle, but the far right duckling (the one with the wild type pattern) is smaller than the others and has a pink bill & feet.

Thoughts?
I can see the little bean on the bill of the 1 closet to it's mother. looks like the other one facing the camera right next to it has the Muscovy bean too as for the others can't say but love the color on the smallest one. But they are all precious Congrats. I really don't think a appleyard duckling would be any smaller than the muscovy they are pretty heafty birds aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom