Yet another Roo...

secuono

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Virginia
I was cleaning a bit this morning and heard my Bared Rock crowing outside. While I was walking down the hall to the chick room to look out the window to see if they are out in the snow, I heard a pitiful crow coming from the room. I thought it was the 7th Jap chick starting to crow, but as I opened the door, my sick-can't-walk 'hen' was standing up in 'crow position' and crowed out again! Ugh, another Rooster! That makes 8 Roosters in my flock!
I'm already trying to free re-home my Silkie Roo and the juvie Jap Roo. I'm thinking that my two Sizzle chicks might end up Roos as well, that will make 10!
I guess he is feeling better now that he is recovering in the house...
So, I stand corrected, this is a Roo...
spotsc.jpg

Well, he does have those pointy neck feathers. They were about 6weeks when I got them about...2months ago or so. If dominant means hes a total push over when it comes to the little chicks he is with.

My loudest hen is pretty dang loud - not "cocka doodle do" like I hear some roosters, but loud enough that I hear and come running (usually a cat is watching them from the other yard). I hope for your sake, "he's" a loud she.
fl.gif

The comb is more Pea like. I will get a better picture tomorrow.
1sfds.jpg

Baby picture.
blkwt.jpg

Last edited:
He is very sweet and friendly, so he is staying. He has walking issues, so to top it, he may be a house Roo full time.
The other 2, they have reasons they need to go. Silkie sometimes annoys other little hens. Jap is tortured by his father, so it's best for him to go to a home where he can be top Roo. He is pure Black Jap.

He does look like a sweetie.
big_smile.png

I hope the little roo I'm getting from the hatchery will be a sweet little boy, too. I've had way too many mean roosters in my lifetime, that's for sure!
hide.gif
Here's hoping.
fl.gif

Last edited:
He's got blue in his legs, it's all really confusing. Most of these new birds[pretty much all other than the Jap & Jap mixes] came from one lady. She was selling them with the feeling I got that they are all 'pure', but it was obvious I would have mutts more so than anything else. There were divided pens, but they could get over to others, some lived in the same one. Ah well.
IDK, guess you get what you paid for...cheap=mutts. $$$=pure.
I don't mind mixes hatched from my birds raising them, but I didn't want all my adults to already start as mutts. I'll get over it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom