YIKES!! Just looked in the nestbox for eggs and there was a RACCOON!!!

Quote:
That has to be the stupidest law I ever heard of!! What is the point of trapping it at all if you release it right back where it started being trouble?

If the $150 guy just brings it out and lets it go, shoot him!!!

Quote:
That has to be the stupidest law I ever heard of!! What is the point of trapping it at all if you release it right back where it started being trouble?

because moving the animal can spread disease like distemper.
want to add a nice grain fed coon is good eating.

Buy a havahart trap at home depot for $45 and keep it set. I was trapping for groundhogs and have caught 6-7 coons and just about the same amount of possums.
If I were in your situation I would have bought the trap and slipped it in the coop baited,and then kill the coon.

Glad the trapper killed it.

Trapping animals is a good income at $150. Shoot I think I would do it for $50 per animal!

Quote:
In NY you must be licensed with the state to trap animals commercially (such as pest control) and it is not cheap for an individual to do. They have a lot of overhead and business fees. $150 isn't unreasonable.
smile.png

Not trying to argue, just helping with the whole picture.

I couldn't help but laugh through you're entire post! How lucky your chickens are!! I hope the trapper releases your visitor somewhere extra safe since he was so nice!

Quote:
In NY you must be licensed with the state to trap animals commercially (such as pest control) and it is not cheap for an individual to do. They have a lot of overhead and business fees. $150 isn't unreasonable.
smile.png

No kidding, I would probably do it for $10 and the cost of gas. LOL

However, in WA, without a trappers license, it is technically illegal to trap and kill them... and running a business is a huge overhead.

Pops2
because moving the animal can spread disease like distemper.
want to add a nice grain fed coon is good eating.

I remember eating coon as a kid, but they carry too many diseases for me to want to eat one now...I wear gloves when I get rid of the ones I catch.​

Quote:
smile.png

No kidding, I would probably do it for $10 and the cost of gas. LOL

However, in WA, without a trappers license, it is technically illegal to trap and kill them... and running a business is a huge overhead.
maybe with lots of trucks and so on but as a one man show just fuel and my cell bill is my overhead my traps have been paid for approximately 38 - 39 years ago
smile.png
we are lucky here in Va my trapping license only cost $46 and to do adc work I can either go full blown and do bats and birds or just do it off my trapping license and do it within the trapping season several animals here in Va are considered nuisance animals and have no season on private land nutria , coyotes several types of birds here in the city there is no season on beaver coon muskrat and possum fox killing stock is the same

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom