YIKES!!!! Look what Hubby brought home

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by I LOVE COCHINS, May 13, 2009.

1. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    DH found these six little cuties yesterday. You can't tell from this picture, but they were so dehydrated, they would have all died if he hadn't of found them when he did. Three of them were on their way outta here when he brought them home.
    The Three needed to be fed with a syringe. First thing I gave them was a little warm sugar water. Then DD went and picked up some kitten milk + moist kitten food and I feed the three the milk through a syringe, the others just lapped up the milk and food from a plate. After I fed them the next thing I needed to do was get them warmed up. Poor babies, they were so cold so I put all the kittens in my warming throw blanket, Every few minutes I would check on the weak kittens and move them around. They slept in the warming blanket for a few hours and I'm glad to say they all made it.
    Hubby asked around and someone said that their Mom was a feral cat. You can tell that these babies are feral too. They don't hiss at my DH and I cause they know we're their meal ticket [​IMG] But I think in time they will get use to all the different sounds and other people beside DH and I holding them.
    We believe something must have happen to the Mama cat, because you can tell that she took great care of these babies while she was able too! When their older, I will contact a Feral Cat Group and hopefully they will help me to spayed/neuter. Then to try and find nice homes for them. OK here are a couple pictures of them still in the warming blanket !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    Awww! Your hubby is a good guy. Sadly I think most people would have left them to die. Good job hubby!

3. username taken

username taken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2009
    they are cuties [​IMG]

4. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    They are beautiful![​IMG] What wonderful people you are for saving them![​IMG]

5. LilbitChicken

LilbitChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    [​IMG] Love the pics! It's so nice to hear there are people who still do genuine, selfless acts... Glad you were able to save them![​IMG]

6. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    What a load of cuties! Look to be about 5 weeks old. Is that one on the end that is hidden solid white?

Way to go both of you!

7. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    oh what sweeties.. i didn't see the white one at first:love:love

8. Hobbley_Farm

Hobbley_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    Pilot Mountain, NC
    bless your husbands heart [​IMG] Post an add to find out if anyone needs mousers! [​IMG]

9. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Ahhh they are Adorable!!!! Good for you and DH to help them!!!

10. I LOVE COCHINS

I LOVE COCHINS ChochieChochieCoo

Feb 10, 2008
    preppy*hippie*chick :

Awww! Your hubby is a good guy. Sadly I think most people would have left them to die. Good job hubby!

Thanks guys, Yes I must say I did find a keeper for sure in my DH. [​IMG] I know that a lot of people would have just given up on these little babies. When something like this is brought to my attention, I have to do all I can to try and save these little critters. I think your right insiderart, I was thinking around 5 weeks too! No, the one that is hiding he does have the same coloring the others do but just on his head and tail. He was one of the really weak ones that I had to feed with a syringe.
    They are all doing great, everyone is eating, drinking and enjoying the kitty life they have now! I'm not really a cat person, but I'm sure having fun with these babies! What more could a girls ask for...Eggs in the incubator, chicks [​IMG] in the brooder baby kittens and the wild birds are hatching [​IMG] babies all around me.
    Life is blooming in my nieghborhood!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by