Yikes! What a close call!

Alice EG

Songster
12 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Long Island
We have 4-almost 5-week old ducklings that are staying in a temporary shelter in the garage while we finish up their enclosure outside. I thought they'd be safe from predators in there, but wrong I was. About an hour or so, my friend and I went in to check their water before bed... and two HUGE rats had just broken into their shelter, and then promptly scurried back out when we came in.

I just about had a heart attack. We quickly checked all the duckies, they didn't appear to have any injuries on them. I guess we showed up just in time.
th.gif
But we're not taking any chances; the little girls are currently chilling in the bathtub.

I bloody HATE these rats and mice. They've never been a problem until this year, after we lost our amazing mouser cat. She managed to keep all the rodents and rabbits away from our house and garden, all on her own.
sad.png
I guess it's time to stock up on traps.

close call is right...Glad you went when you did. did you set a trap for it near it's entrance to it's houe? yeah, get some more cats and hope for antoher one like you had before.

Back
Top Bottom