Yipee!! Coop is almost done! 5/31

briana1975

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Carleton Mi.
We finally got our coop started this weekend. My husband said he was making an executive decision to build the coop 8x12 instead of the 8x10 we were planning on. He said we won't have to cut sheets of plywood that way. I say we can have more chickens. Well anyways here are the pictures of our start this weekend.

23535_015.jpg

My wonderful, able to build me all kinds of things husband and my helpful FIL.
23535_019.jpg

Our boys checking their dad's work.
23535_020.jpg

Our boys.
23535_023.jpg

Third wall going up today. See the rain was on the way.
23535_026.jpg

All four walls up. And the steps for me to get in.

We are now supposed to have 3 days of rain, which turns out to be ok because we ended up having to order steel for the outside and it won't be in till Friday.

Last edited:
Bigger is always better especially when it comes to coops. What breeds are you planning to keep? Tell your husband how much you love him and keep him motivated! Excellent work. Be sure to thank the FIL as well. I'm sure you will but just wanted to remind you.
smile.png
Looking out for my chicken peeps!

Right now we have 2 BBW turkey poults in the big brooder that are going into the freezer, and 28 chicks in the regular brooder. 12 of those chicks were packing peanuts so they will go to the freezer when they are big enough. We are keeping 4 Barred Rocks ,9 Buff Orpingtons ,and 3 Silkies. Hopefully at the end of the month we will have 2 Burbon Red poults that we will also be keeping.

The front wall is 8' tall and the back wall is 6'tall. Still raining in Michigan but it is supposed to stop by Wednesday and we get to look forward to a nice weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me that we get to finish the coop.

Back
Top Bottom