1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yippee, I finally got a new bator!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Nupine, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok. I have been having some problems with my bators lately. I have been using an old hova still air form a flea market as the bator and a very inconsistent very old model still air LG. Many of the chicks fully develop, but they never pip or they pip and don't hatch. I have been doing my best to keep the temp and stuff right, but it wasn't working well. So, we got the eggcartons.com website and my mom and I decided to split the cost of a new bator. It came yesterday. It has no turner, but it has a fan and a liner, and is taller for goose eggs-wink,wink. It does use a wafer, but that is fine. When we got it, I put it together then plugged it in. Oh no, it didn't work!! But mom said that that electrical plug thing doesn't work. Oh, dumb me. I used keep my bators in my large canning closet, but now I cleared my desk off in my room. I put my 5-6 eggs in there because they would certainly die other wise, and I currently have 2 turken chicks and another pipped!! Due to my problems, these are the first chicks I have gotten since like April. The fan is a little loud, but not too bad. I think the whole set up including shipping was like $90, not bad. I love it!! I am going to use it as my incubator and my other hova as my hatcher.I currently still have my other hova in the closet still, I am waiting till I get today's chicks out. Then I need to do a thorough cleaning on it, I think a slightly rotten one is in there, it stinks. Not near as bad as a couple months ago. I think an egg broke because they were getting stuck to the wire and each other. So one was stuck and I pulled on it. It broke and a bunch of NASTY green rotten contents flowed out. Yuck!!!!!!!!!!

2. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Best of luck with your new bator !! [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Congrats! Let's hatch together.

4. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland