Yo Steve....check this out.

Struttn1

Songster
13 Years
May 4, 2008
Southern Illinois
Earlier in the spring we were posting pics of our whopper turkey eggs. Now I am at the other end of the spectrum. Look what my BR hen squirted out.
roll.png

100_0911.jpg

Think I can get a midget BR out of it?
idunno.gif

hey Struttn1! thats the cutest thing EVER!!! hee hee hee might just get a midget!

sometimes my chickens lay the ittybitty eggs.. i had one the size of a nickle one time

did you get your gals sorted out? i think i remember someone was laying and brooding at the same time?? or setting and brooding???

my BR hen who is in the brambles is due to hatch on the 25th.. we are really crossing our fingers. we found a couple eggs nearby but we think she just tossed the bad ones.. we really hill-billy'd up a shelter for it and we added a second layer.. and shhh.. i had the dogs go out and mark the shelter from every angle...

That is a small egg. Ours lay smaller eggs from time to time, either early or late in the season. I have always wondered that myself but I have read a couple pieces that say the poult from a smaller egg will catch up with the poult from a bigger egg. Just look at the Midget White - they lay a huge egg from a small bird.

Steve

Quote:
I thought I was the only one who did this!!! I deliberately walk my Rottie around the pens and coops and encourage him to pee!!! That is hilarious. I feel like less of a flake now... Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom