Yogurt Instructions for Poult?

SonnyGirl

Chirping
8 Years
Oct 18, 2011
Pine Bush, NY
Hello! I have just given my 6 week old poult Tylan. He stopped last night, so I've started him on yogurt today (organic, non-fat, plain ). I don't want this thread to turn into whether or not yogurt is safe for poultry. I'm an animal science major and have taken animal nutrition courses in college (plus the advice of people feeding it for decades) and made my own decision. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the amount/dosing information? I did a search on BYC for "yogurt" and found 1 TBSP per cup of feed... but I've got 3 poults and they only eat maybe a cup of food throughout the whole day (which I make in small batches). My question is - how much yogurt (optimally) should this poult be getting in a day? And should it be 2Xday or 3Xday or just throughout the day? Also - how long should I give it to him? A few days, a week? And is it ok for the other two poults to eat it while he's getting it - or should I try to feed it to him separate? Thanks for any help or advice!

I would just go with 1x a day and just very little like 1/4 tsp for about 3 days. This is just what I would do. Forgot to add I don't think it would hurt the others to eat it either just watch everyones poo if it gets to runny stop giving it.

Last edited:
Awesome! Thank you so much for responding, I've been checking all day because I don't want to give him too much! Ok, that sounds great and if he only needs that much (which makes sense if an adult only needs a TBSP), then I can probably just give it to him as a treat so the other ones aren't eating it for three days too. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond! :)

Back
Top Bottom