yogurt/sugar in water?

bush

Songster
6 Years
Feb 23, 2014
I was viewing some quail raising videos on u-tube. A couple of people recommended adding a small amt of yogurt to a chicks water to promote intestinal health, Another said to add sugar to the water for quick energy. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your replies.

I was viewing some quail raising videos on u-tube. A couple of people recommended adding a small amt of yogurt to a chicks water to promote intestinal health, Another said to add sugar to the water for quick energy. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your replies.
I know many people add warm sugar water to help chicks. I put a product called Vita-Sol in their water, it is a liquid vitamin that is safe for almost all birds. I'm not sure about using yogurt as their are poultry probiotics available for putting in your chicks water, and I don't actually know anything about the differences between specific probiotics.

Even though my hatches come out pretty healthy I still add vita-sol to the water for the fist 2-3 days to makes sure they get a good start.

Back
Top Bottom