Yolk color changing experiments!!

2 different brands of pasture raised eggs.
Want to take a guess which ones are which?

IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1487.jpeg
IMG_1488.jpeg

I’m assuming one is an egg from your chickens. If so, I’d guess yours is on the right, the Central Market one is top/center and the Kirkland on the left This is based on the Kirkland brand being from WA and “vegetarian fed” and the Central Market is from family farms in Texas

I’m assuming one is an egg from your chickens. If so, I’d guess yours is on the right, the Central Market one is top/center and the Kirkland on the left This is based on the Kirkland brand being from WA and “vegetarian fed” and the Central Market is from family farms in Texas
yes the light colored one is the organic vegetarian fed Kirkland and the 2 dark orange ones are the central market non-organic brand.

I have a buddy who grew eggs and meat for someone who is deathly allergic to corn.
They fed a corn free feed(all I know about it) and the egg yolks were white.
I feed my flock a corn-free feed in the summer, just because we live in Florida and corn is high in carbs. It can make them hotter in the summer than without it. I’ve never noticed white yolks without the corn.

Color tells you the nutritional content of the feed. Marigolds turn yolks white because they give more nutrients to the chicken. White? I can't imagine when they are feeding the girls.
I’m in the third month of experimenting with calendula (marigold) petals in my chicken scratch. I have not noticed a difference in yolk color. I was happy to do it because calendula petals have so many other health benefits. Plus we got the organic ones, so we can even make tea for ourselves with it. So it was kinda fun to spend the extra money & see what happened. They don’t actually eat much of it (prob only when they know it will help them in some kind of way health-wise). And when they do, there hasn’t been a difference that I can see. 🤷🏼‍♀️👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom