Yolk

Mychicks56

Chirping
Jun 3, 2017
I need help I watched one of my hens poop her yolk out is there something wrong with her? do I need to add something to her food

Hi this has never happened to me but the yolk is an ovum from the hens ovary so probably when she was trying to create the egg in the oviduct it slipped.But you are you feeding oyster shells in your coop as a option if not that could be why.It could have happened because the chicken didnt have enough calcium or protein to create the outer shell.By no means am I a vet so if it keeps happening call your vet.But I would start your chickens on oyster shells and make sure to keep feeding iteven when their is a shell,and maybe add whole corn to their diet.I hope I could be helpful.Goodluck!

Hi this has never happened to me but the yolk is an ovum from the hens ovary so probably when she was trying to create the egg in the oviduct it slipped.But you are you feeding oyster shells in your coop as a option if not that could be why.It could have happened because the chicken didnt have enough calcium or protein to create the outer shell.By no means am I a vet so if it keeps happening call your vet.But I would start your chickens on oyster shells and make sure to keep feeding iteven when their is a shell,and maybe add whole corn to their diet.I hope I could be helpful.Goodluck!
Thanks! I’ll try some oyster shells I usually crush some of their egg shells one I use the inside we’ll see if that works

How old is your chicken? Is she new to laying? re-starting after molt? Is this just a one-off incident?

Either layer feed (has added calcium) or grower feed with OS on the side is what I would use to make sure they have access to enough calcium.

Is a vet an option?
She could have a serious infection.

How old is your chicken? Is she new to laying? re-starting after molt? Is this just a one-off incident?

Either layer feed (has added calcium) or grower feed with OS on the side is what I would use to make sure they have access to enough calcium.
Restarting she’s 3yesrs old.

Back
Top Bottom