You all are affecting me!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by fzouk, Mar 31, 2009.

1. fzouk

fzouk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    middle Tennessee
    I'm seriously thinking about picking up a couple more chicks. I think our co-op is getting some more in soon... I have 19 silver spangled hamburgs and one lakenvelder (I am more and more sure) and neither of those breeds are "people lovers". Those are my tick patrol- and I'm sure they'll be great at it- but it would be so nice to have just one or two that are more like pets and who will enjoy some affection and company.

I see all these pictures on here and read stories of chickens who are sweet and like being around people and I think "I want that too!"

hahahahaha... I'm off to call the co-op and see if their chicks are in...

Frances

2. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    oh trust me they'll grow to be people lovers as long as you smother them with treats & spend alot of time with them when they're young! [​IMG]

3. fzouk

fzouk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    middle Tennessee
    I'm giving it my best shot! [​IMG]

4. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Quote:I seriously think you need an incubator.... (hee hee hee hee) [​IMG]

There is no vaccine for chick-addiction. Incubation is just the second level. Additional or larger coop building is the third. At least now you know your path....

If someone invents a chick-addiction rehab center, BYC will have it's own corridor... no, it's own "wing" [​IMG]

5. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Just go get some more [​IMG] . What can it hurt?

6. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    fzouk, you are welcome to PM me if you don't find what you are looking for. I may have a couple of "friendly chicks" for you, and I am in your neighborhood.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by