You got a chicken?! So do I!

Cocopebbles

Chirping
Aug 4, 2021
Hi everybody! Lurker and now new member. :)
I'm not a traditional backyard chicken person, as I have no back yard but a screened patio to raise my wee chicklets.
I'm not sure what type they are except for one which my friend gave me so I'll give my introduction for them.
We got Xena and Coco from RK and raised them since week or so old, they had two sapphire brothers though we had to get rid of them, but got two girls in exchange.

My husband's favorite: Xena (which I'm sure is a rooster but then again I'm a newb) not sure of breed
20210729_073051.jpg

Coco: not sure of what type she is.
20210726_203829.jpg

The two we got from our friend:
Pebbles the 5 footed bantam who gets picked on by Coco.
20210803_174303.jpg

And this one who hasn't gotten a name but she's pretty majestic:
20210804_082717.jpg

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Brand freaking new, my husband brought them home unexpectedly in June '21

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
four

(3) What breeds do you have?

One is a batnam, not sure of the rest.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

That they ride on your shoulder but alittle of everything....even cleaning the coop. Lol

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

What hobbies? baking I suppose, trying to train a blue heeler which feels impossible.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have two kids, two cats and a dog. A full house that there's never a minute alone.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I was searching up something, I think it was coop designs? I'm not sure anymore but I visit it as often as I can to gain knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom