You guys are killing me! Update on page 4

I thought Hershey was deemed the olive egger?

ETA: Maybe I shoulda read the rest of the post first
roll.png

Quote:

Last edited:
I wanted to say the first was a cockerel, I mean those saddle and sickle feathers were saying boy. But, the comb and waddles are too small for a 6 1/2 month old roo. Maybe he's just slow to mature? The second looks like a pullet, though.

Reading all these replies.. You poor thing.. You must be so confused!
lol.png

You are no closer to getting your answer. You're pretty much 50/50

I'm going to change my original thinking of roo. I think they are both girls
tongue.png
My BR roo has bigger saddle/hackle feathers than your girls/boys, and he is only 4 months old!

Quote:
Lol thanks. At least everyone is leaning towards cocoa as being a pullet. But she is a month younger and looked just like Hershey a month ago lol. So I am not so sure

He-she's comb just started reddening the last week or so. But is still not as red as some of my other pullets.

What a late bloomer

I say Hershey is a boy and Cocoa is a girl, Hershey has pointed and hanging saddles, the tail is also long and swooped like a roo tail. Coco I don't see any pointed feathers at all, the saddles look round....and the tail while messy looking is wide like a hens butt and tail. lol.

the only thing that confuses me is your saying Hershey's comb is just now reddening...All my boys are red by 12-14 weeks old some even are red at 2 months...they go red long before my girls get red.

Last edited:
I really think Hershey is a cockerel, looks alot like my Maran cockerel did around that age. I can't be sure about Cocoa, hard to say
idunno.gif

Hi, Hershey is a cockerel and as for not crowing, if he is out with other older roosters/cockerels he won't crow until he has confidence he could stand up for himself. He's not looking to draw any unwanted attention from other males until he feels he is ready to breed and take his place with the ladies.
wink.png
As for cocoa, the pictures just aren't good enough to really get a good look at hackle and saddle feathers to give a sex? A better side view would tell allot. If they are marans they are definitely a cross and not pure, sorry.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom