You Have What I want, I have What you Want Lets Trade. Online Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
as compared to chicken eggs, how well do call duck eggs ship?
I know where Waverly is. I have a friend who lives there
big_smile.png

Calls usually ship ok as long as they are packed well. It's actual hatch that is more difficult. They often need assistance because their bills are so small they have trouble getting out of the shell.

i personally haven't had any issues with shipping my eggs. i CAN'T guarentee your hatch rate, but they all are 95-100% fertile. i've hatched out some of my "rare" eggs and they all have hatched. i sold the offspring, and kept my breeders, i'm thinking next year i'm going to look for new blood..

ive only tried to hatch call duck eggs one time, when the lady brought them to me she told me the mother had been on and off the nest. several of them started but they quit about half way through. not sure if it was her eggs or my ability. I did open the incubator for about 15 mins a day, and misted the eggs with water daily.
im willing to try It again, if your close enough I could buy some.

I know you cant but an incubator hatched duckling directly in water, but how fast do they need water? (I would have to build a place for them)

ive only tried to hatch call duck eggs one time, when the lady brought them to me she told me the mother had been on and off the nest. several of them started but they quit about half way through. not sure if it was her eggs or my ability. I did open the incubator for about 15 mins a day, and misted the eggs with water daily.
im willing to try It again, if your close enough I could buy some.

I know you cant but an incubator hatched duckling directly in water, but how fast do they need water? (I would have to build a place for them)
I usually let them play in water by the time they are a week old but I supervise swimming of my ducklings until they are about 4 weeks old or until they begin to feather, whichever comes 1st. Then they get a very shallow pool or pan of water to play in that I know they can climb out of. Once they get most of their feathers they can have deeper water as long as they are able to get in & out unassisted. Ducks don't need a pond, just a pool or tub big enough for them to climb into & get wet.

As for the other batch of eggs, hard to say. Could have been weak stock, too hot, too cold, humidity too high, humidity too low...etc.

I have:
Adult mallard ducks
Adult female mixed breed ducks
Bantam eggs
Turkey eggs (not fertile)
Duck eggs

I want:
Incubator
Mealworm frenzy
silkies
call ducks

I'm a little sad that the swapping chains/threads are moving so slow because I am on the lookout for some eggs....
big_smile.png
Where did all the hatchers go?

Okay I want....

Cochins LF (Pure Colors)
Polish
EE-Americaunas? - these confuse me... I know there is a difference but I just want the chickens that lay the blue eggs - not olive but blue green
Marans (I have some 3 month old Cuckoo's & Wheaten and LOVE them)

I have:

Bantam Red Cochins
Guineas (Variety of colors - Lavender, Buff, Pearl, Pied)
Mille Fleur D'Uccle (only a pair at the moment but if you want something else I could send a couple of these too)
$$ (Sometimes lol) If you have some eggs for sale let me know.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom