You know it's too HOT when...

Dreading today and worried about my broody hen who is on eggs in the coop, which feels like an oven in this heat.
sad.png

Robin'sBrood :

Dreading today and worried about my broody hen who is on eggs in the coop, which feels like an oven in this heat.
sad.png

I lost one to the heat this year. I had to take all of the broody's out of the coop and put them in the washroom. If you have a pet carrier or something I would move her in some shade or in a cool building.​

I just worry about my animals. I can deal with the heat. 5am I was out giving everyone blocks of ice in their water before I had to go to work. All of my animals are in the shade with a shed/dog house/or coop to go into if they wish. I am worried about the meat chickens and three broody hens with a baby turkey, but I put water and food within their reach so they don't have to get off the eggs (since they won't anyways). Tomorrow is going to be worse here in CT they are saying.

Also, sent my hubby to work with 2 gallons of ice water. He loves his new job, but has to do welding outside and I worry about him.
Try and stay cool everyone. Oh and if you have an elderly relative please check in on them.

Quote:
I lost one to the heat this year. I had to take all of the broody's out of the coop and put them in the washroom. If you have a pet carrier or something I would move her in some shade or in a cool building.

I am afraid to move her because I moved my other broody and broke her broodiness. She abandoned her nest.

I have the coop door open and a fan in there. I bring her tiny cups of cool water as often as I can. Tomorrow will be a problem though. It is supposed to be over a hundred and I will not be home. She's only 4 day from hatching.

Your glasses fog up immediately upon leaving the house.

My dogs look at me as if I'm insane when I say, "OK, who wants to go for a run."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom