You know what's really AWESOME!?!?!?!?!

jeepchick

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Loudon, New Hampshire
In the morning I let the chickens out to run amuck in the yard and do what ever. I sprinkle a scoop of millet and toss out a little random breads. They go out and run around, eat random little critters in the yard, one of my roosters chases the dogs around and the other rooster dances around the yard like he has ants in his pants. The when it's starting to be 5-6 at night they all quietly walk back into the coop and go inside for the evening and I go out and shut the door until tomorrow......MAN I WISH MY KIDS BEHAVED THIS WELL!!!!!!!! They never leave the yard....they never go out in the road.....I never have to round them up and chase them inside at night. My chickens ROCK! Are everyones chickens this easy?? These are my first adult chickens and I really thought i'd be running around chasing them with nets lol

my guys are trained well too; they come to the coop at dark! My roo- only surviving chick from my first 5 chicks ever, comes by name! His name: Gilda!!!
lau.gif

here gilda
71701_100_3338.jpg

AMEN! They really are amusing too! Yesterday my wife and I watched as our flock scattered running for cover as a small hail storm came through. Nothing that would hurt them but most certainly confused them.

My chickens love bedtime, and are pretty well behaved too! The only time they arent is when I am trying to dig holes for plants in my garden, then they put dirt back in my holes, fall inside while im trying to dig, and peck me in the hand as if its in the way of their worms.... ungrateful things! I had to fence the garden to keep them out and now they stare at me through the fence as if i'm supposed to let them in.
85560_rooster4.jpg

If I leave home or do chores outside all the girls look at me and cluck,complain.... they go to bed for me too! Much better than my human girls did. no potty training either... but we still clean it up hmmm but they do enjoy their afternoons in the yard...

Jeepchick --> My first flock of hens were just like yours.

I was amazed out how quickly they learned their boundaries and just put themselves to bed. We only have one left of that group, but she was and always will be lead hen. I am hoping Miss Blue will teach the chicks we are getting next week (YEAH, I AM SO EXCITED!!
wee.gif
) how it all works.

I wonder if the breed makes a difference on how well "trained" the flock can be? Hmmm...

ChickenBrik

Yeah the neat part was that i didnt train them at all! I got them all as adult chickens from 2 different people and just threw them all into a coop and called it good. There are 4 RIR hens, 1 barred rock roo and 2 Cochin roos. There is an abundance of penis in my coop at the moment but I didnt know any better at the time....still learning hehe

Back
Top Bottom