You know you are a true chicken farmer when...

Jennyhaschicks

Songster
11 Years
May 3, 2008
Maine
You put a small turkey in the oven and show dd (who is 7) and she looks at you and huffs her chest out and says
"who is it?"

lau.gif

We don't raise turkeys btw just chickens.
big_smile.png

When we first got our chickens my daughter went on a chicken strike. Wouldn't eat anything chicken. We have now learned about meat birds and our laying hens and how they are different.
wink.png

lau.gif

When I first got our chicks, a couple nights later we had chicken and my then 5 year old just looked at me with a puzzled look. Like it was the first time he connected chickens and chicken.

My kids were funny like that too, then one day when my son was about 7 or 8 I had to put down a few birds due to disease...so I'm out there getting everything ready and he decides he wants to be the one holding the axe. Coming from an animal lover like him I was shocked, but today he is 15 and still has the same attitude...love them all you wnat but when it's time you gotta do what needs to be done.
Anyway, that day when he was 7 he did do the deed...for five birds...never said much about it after, but he did it for me.

Back
Top Bottom