You know you are "Country" when...

Oh no, no, don't wash off the "protective layer" lol, it hides the scratches from the chickens, the green stripe from pulling up too close to the tractor with the fuel tank, and that dent in the bumper from "bumping" the bull :D

Excellent justifications for leaving that protective layer As Is! Plus, it keeps road construction tar from sticking to your paint for more than a few short weeks.

Last edited:
Excellent justifications for leaving that protective layer As Is! Plus, it keeps road construction tar from sticking to your paint for more than a few short weeks.

Lol, my folks could always tell when I had snuck out, and it was SO frustrating trying to thwart Magnum PI, Country version.... Between being able to clock EXACTLY when I had come home based on my car tracks in the dew lol, to that STUPID ROAD TAR telling them which direction I had pulled towards when I snuck OUT.... (And my grandparents lived down the road... With binoculars.)

My kids are going to have a HARD time sneaking around ROFL :D

When my dad has to scrape chicken poop off his only "decent" shoes before church......that's our reality! And don't forget the lawn mower tires, they're also CAKED with chicken poop.
gig.gif
How about when you walk into the house, and your feet are covered in barn dirt? Or the fact that it takes me 5 or more hours to mow our yard? But to me, my favorite part of country life has to be this:

Gotta love it!

-Alexandra33

When you find an old, dried-out animal skull in the barn and decide it would make an excellent toy for your less-than-two-year-old son.

When you chase your toddler around the yard with a freshly laid egg in your pants pocket.

When you go to the store for groceries and discover on the way out that you have long pieces of straw hanging out of your trunk.

When you have to drive 7 miles FURTHER into the boonies to pick your kid up from school after missing the bus, only to be drug inside to "meet friends" with goose poop on your behind and chicken feathers in your hair...

When you discover your childs' newest "stew" contains the tails off of the banded lambs and shes using an eartag for a ladle...

You catch your kids chewing wheat gum, picking corn out of the grain, and snacking on mealworms....

When you have to drive 7 miles FURTHER into the boonies to pick your kid up from school after missing the bus, only to be drug inside to "meet friends" with goose poop on your behind and chicken feathers in your hair...

You'd fit right in at my place. DH ran around for a couple months with duck poop on his coat before I washed it.

When you discover your childs' newest "stew" contains the tails off of the banded lambs and shes using an eartag for a ladle...

Sounds delicious! Can I have some?

You catch your kids chewing wheat gum, picking corn out of the grain, and snacking on mealworms....

When your toddler discovers on his own the joy of sticking straw and long pine needles between his front teeth, takes them out just long enough to say something, then puts them right back in and keeps on savoring. Not to mention where the straw came from...
D.gif

When relatives from "the city" come for a visit and discover your kids behind the barn, jumping up and down on a dead, bloated cow as though it were a trampoline. (This one's from my wonderful father-in-law who grew up on a farm. That's right, he was one of the jumpers!)
lau.gif

When your old farm house is so full of cracks and crevices that certain insect species overwinter between your walls, find their way into your house, into your bed, and "snuggle" up to you. (Yep...it was a conifer seed bug.)
sickbyc.gif

When your husband one morning shoots two groundhogs from your upstairs bedroom window, you ask him to throw the dead carcasses by the road in front of your house in hopes of attracting bald eagles so your family can admire them up close, he complies, and it WORKS!!! (The chickens, of course, are secured!)

When you NEVER, EVER go into a city unless you absolutely have to, and when you do go, everything within you is screaming the entire time to GET OUT!!!

When you love country living so much that you honestly cannot understand a single reason why anyone would ever want to live in the city...ANY city.

Last edited:
When your toddler discovers on his own the joy of sticking straw and long pine needles between his front teeth, takes them out just long enough to say something, then puts them right back in and keeps on savoring. Not to mention where the straw came from...:cd

When relatives from "the city" come for a visit and discover your kids behind the barn, jumping up and down on a dead, bloated cow as though it were a trampoline. (This one's from my wonderful father-in-law who grew up on a farm. That's right, he was one of the jumpers!) :lau

When your old farm house is so full of cracks and crevices that certain insect species overwinter between your walls, find their way into your house, into your bed, and "snuggle" up to you. (Yep...it was a conifer seed bug.) :sick

When your husband one morning shoots two groundhogs from your upstairs bedroom window, you ask him to throw the dead carcasses by the road in front of your house in hopes of attracting bald eagles so your family can admire them up close, he complies, and it WORKS!!! (The chickens, of course, are secured!)

When you NEVER, EVER go into a city unless you absolutely have to, and when you do go, everything within you is screaming the entire time to GET OUT!!!

When you love country living so much that you honestly cannot understand a single reason why anyone would ever want to live in the city...ANY city.

ROFL @ the bald eagle...that's awesome :D

And I HATE the city lol... Going to Denver is white knuckle get me out of here TOOOOO many people!!! Lol I go to the store after midnight so nobody sees me in my goose poop pants ;)

No jumping on dead cows ROFL...I poked a few eyeballs though...

We used to jump off the haystack into the wool sacks instead...mmmm lanolin and sheep poo :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom