You know you are "Country" when...

When you wake up at 2am to run off a pack of screaming coyotes
ETA that was this am!
rant.gif

Last edited:
Your friends come over to hang out and end up getting asked to help go round up the horses that got out of the pasture and they think nothing of it. This was years ago.

I have an egg basket, but for some reason, I ALWAYS forget it before going out to the coop in the morning or any time. So, I end up taking the hard route: carrying 6-7 eggs at once, some under my armpits, and having to unlatch the gate and turn the doorknobs to boot. This is an Olympic feat when you're holding a ton of eggs, believe me! Why do I do such weird things? :lau

-Alexandra33

I want one of those egg gathering aprons with all the little pockets for the eggs

Your local paper just had "chickens running loose at risk in local town; all returned safely home" as the headline for the weekly police blotter
big_smile.png
Yep, that's country! Is that Big Bird in your avatar? Handsome guy!
big_smile.png

I want one of those egg gathering aprons with all the little pockets for the eggs
Sounds great, BUT...if I had one of those, I'd load up with eggs and on the way to the house, trip over the barn cat and end up a wet, slimy, crunchy mess.
tongue.png

When it's cold and you move the chickens to the basement (-40f 15 miles from Fairbanks, Ak).
When there are more people in the school than live in town, 3x as many.
When the only door that is locked is the front door, cause that's where the strangers come.
When you call your friends from their driveway, cause the angry goose is loose again.
Barn boots and pj's are normal chore clothes, for you and all your non-city friends.
When you come back from the big city and the dairy farmers are pumping their ponds and you know what that smell is and you like it.

It takes an hour drive across 120 miles of sandhills and buttes to get to church, and on the way, you spot a 500# pile of wheat on the side of the road....

And the kids get booted to get it in the car and back home. :D

Lol had to share a pic; weren't we just joking about our cars the other day? ;)

You know your country when....

1) You can go 2 years without talking to a neighbor (typically only when the chickens wander over!).
2) Your family will not hesitate to pee in the yard..lol
3) You have more barn shoes then 'good' shoes!!

:bun
This is so us!!!

I'd love to get Kinder goats and Assaf sheep. Google them.

I think it's ridiculous to have a big house and tiny yard. I'd rather live in a small cabin/shack/hut/cottage/yurt on big land.
I am the same way, I would rather live in a tent or trailer with no water or power on lots of land than in a mansion with neighbors everywhere and no yard. Before you say I'm exaggerating I lived without running water and no power for three years, had to truck water into the farm for animals and I was a happy camper, literally

Back
Top Bottom