You know you live in a small town when...

-Eridanus-

Songster
Sep 29, 2023
Illinois
I got the idea from BackroadGirl57's post, You know you're country when...

Post your small-town drama, guys!

Examples:

When your dog gets out and your neighbor spots him walking down the sidewalk
When everyone knows you but you have no clue where they live
When tractors drive down your main street
When you have to drive 30 minutes to an hour to go anywhere
When you sleep outside in a hammock for fun

When everyone knows you but you have no clue where they live
When tractors drive down your main street
When you have to drive 30 minutes to an hour to go anywhere
This sounds like where I live, except I don't have a main street. I don't live in town.

I think you know you live in a small town when everyone knows you but you don't know them - but then again, that could just be 'cause I have a bad memory for people... :idunno

This sounds like where I live, except I don't have a main street. I don't live in town.

I think you know you live in a small town when everyone knows you but you don't know them - but then again, that could just be 'cause I have a bad memory for people... :idunno
true, there are several people who work at our (tiny) community center who will always wave and call my name, and I just smile and wave back bc I don't know their names 😂

When you can't walk 20 feet without someone running up to say hi and asking how you are, sometimes multiple at once

When there is a horse tied up at Dollar General and you're not even surprised

When everyone knows your dad's truck because it's taller than Andre the Giant and painted camo

I have SOOOO many more...

When you have 3 dollar stores within 1 mile. (2 Dollar Generals and 1 Family Dollar/Dollar Tree combined) So is that technically 4?

When the fire trucks go out and you can tell who's place they are at by the sound of when the sirens stop.

When everyone describes miles by "as the crow flies"
example- John lives 2 miles away, or 1 mile as the crow flies (meaning over a field)

Back
Top Bottom