1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You may have a chicken addiction if...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Pele, May 31, 2011.

1. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    So, in my area of the US, it is deeply popular to place decals on the back of your vehicle window to represent members of your family. You can't drive anywhere without seeing decals for Mom, Dad, little timmy, sue, the family cat, dog, etc.

My DH and I were in the mall yesterday, and I passed one of the decal booths there, and inspiration struck!!

The following decal is the result of my version of family [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    OMG. I NEED some of those!!! [​IMG] That is BRILLIANT!!!

3. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Quote:That's great! My sisters would look like that with 2 kids an a million dogs and chickens!

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:I have been LOOKING for chicken and chick decals to do JUST that on my back window! How cool that somebody else thought of it!
    [​IMG]

5. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Heehee thank you. I about swooned from joy when they said they had images of chickens I could use. And the ninja and pirate decals sealed the deal.

I would like to think of my family as 'nerdy farmers', which I think the decal expresses poignantly.

6. Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex Chillin' With My Peeps

Huzzah for nerdy farmers!
    My household and I have discussed doing something similar, though the condition is we have to have a decal of Cthulu hidden amongst the pets.

7. zengrrl

zengrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Oakland County, MI
    absolutely hysterical!

8. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

9. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Ive seen all of the decals... figured I wouldn't be able to see out my back window if I added all of mine... and where would I find bearded dragon decals?
    Can't believe you found the chicken decals... I'm jealous.

10. Pele

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    The places that sell the decals don't have the chickens displayed on the booth in favor of more popular ones such as nudie girls, or the kid peeing on the ford symbol. BUT they do have em if you ask. Persistance is key! I mosied up to the booth and said "um, strange question, but do you have chickens?" The above decal was the result of my hairbrained question!

Thank you everyone, I'm glad it tickles more funnybones than mine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by