You should have warned me

Country Parson

Songster
9 Years
Oct 1, 2010
Bellefontaine, OH
I believe the Incubating/Hatching section has a moral obligation to post warnings to those considering incubating eggs. Something similar to the FDA mandating warning labels on cigarettes. Both are equally addicting!

I can't sleep. I find myself getting up at night to monitor the temp & humidity levels. I've made a chart graphing the highs/lows and a map of the incubator noting how various placements & other changes affect levels. Yesterday my wife put some rules down limiting the amount of times I can call home from work asking her to check the levels for me (she told me only once per day).

The sad thing is that I'm only on day two!

Ha Ha Ha, you are so right. My first several time incubating I was the same way. Dreaming about hatching, hardly sleeping, reading on BYC constantly to make sure I was doing everything right.

A few small fluctuations in the humidity level shouldn't matter all that much, what kind of incubator are you using? Hope the best to you.

Quote:
th.gif

Unacceptable ..

tongue.png

Quote:
Is it holding steady or are there lots of fluctuations in the temp and humidity? A little shouldn't hurt, but I would be nervous for drastic changes.

Dude. If you have been on BYC for like, 10 minutes, you should know we are all addicted. Chicken junkies.

Temp stays between 99.1 - 102.3. I'm trying to get it even more consistent, but so far this has been the best I've gotten. It's held steady at this level for the past 18 hours or so.

Humidity hoovers in upper 30s to low 40s with little or no effort. I can bump it higher for a few hours by placing a heated wet washcloth. I can lower it by opening vent holes (currently all are covered with electrical tape). I'm still experimenting with this, trying to keep it in the 50s or 60s.

Back
Top Bottom