You won't believe it/ KFC Hen

tx_dane_mom

Songster
12 Years
Sep 23, 2007
SE Texas
So...today I had a dog show 1.5 hrs away...after it's over I stop at a gas station to let my puppy Sadie pee and then let Frankie (my girl I'm showing) pee and load them up & back up and what do I see in my rear view mirror....a chicken.
I failed to mention this Gas Station is ALSO a KFC...at the intersection of I-10. A LIVE hen running in the parking lot. My first reaction...I need sleep...I want to catch HER!...there are no houses around here....I am in dress clothes...I can't catch her
sad.png
...of COURSE I would NOT have my camera...NO ONE is going to believe this...awww she looks so friendly....IF I DO catch her my dogs would probably eat her before I got home...
So, *if* someone lives near Baytown and wants a free hen...I know where you can find one! She was a pretty girl!

Awww...
Too bad you weren't able to bring her home. I'll bet your dogs were disappointed, too. They would have liked some KFC of their own!!!
lol.png

A LIVING chicken near KFC? Looks like the colonial missed one.
tongue.png

Last edited:
We have a Bojangles near our house (cajun fried chicken place - like Popeyes) and there is a littel black banty rooster that visits the parking lot every morning.

I was there one day getting lunch with the kids and we tried to catch it, but of course that rooster would have none of that.

I asked inside about it and they said it comes every day just before lunch rush and then goes home after the rush is over. Everyone tries to catch it but no luck.

So, apparently chicken places are a good hangout for chickens??
ep.gif

That picture is TOOO weird! That roo in the pic looks VERY similar, but it was a hen, not a roo. In my best opinion, it was either some type of sex link, or possibly a bantyxstandard, but she was primarily red. Well, I don't KNOW that those particular 2 would have done anything to her, as they are my better 2 w/the birds, but a 1.5 hr car ride w/a strange bird in the car w/o a box would sure have been testing
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom