You won't believe what me and my dad found!

poultryhaven

Addicted to Seramas!
12 Years
Jan 19, 2009
Ocala, FL
My dad see's a rat running across the fence and we have seen two rats in the last week and even more before that. He runs for the bb gun, and we go back there, then he shoots one. At that point we saw 2. He lifted the fence section up and leaned it against the fence and i swear there was at least 10 rats most were younger there was probably about 15 or 18 but still. I'm not afraid of rats and i actually think they are really cool but they live underneath our shed and my chicken coop is right next to them. I got my Judges card back from state or youth fair (can't remember) and it said my wings on my sebright roo were being chewed by mice/rats at fist i didnt believe it but now i do lol. So they have to go and i wanna make it quick so they don't suffer so i guess i'm going to sit out there with my bb gun. Any other suggestions
roll.png

Quote:
Really? I wouldnt think a chicken would sit through that. I always thought a chicken would kill a rat. Shows what I know, I reckon. Get them rats. I would loan you Brutus the dog but thats a long trip. Brutus kills all rats

I think i may just wire aoud my shed but then they starve theirselves and thats pretty cruel. I think i may throw poisin in and then enclose the bottom of my shed that way they have to eat it

Quote:
Really? I wouldnt think a chicken would sit through that. I always thought a chicken would kill a rat. Shows what I know, I reckon. Get them rats. I would loan you Brutus the dog but thats a long trip. Brutus kills all rats

I wish my dogs would or my cat that stays outback would get off her lazy butt lol

cut their rations back. If you over feed a working animal, they loose the desire to hunt. I only feed our barncats in the winter time.

Well my cat is a pet lol and she's kind of old but i don't feed her that much cause she does catch lizards but idk if she can even catch a rat. I know my one outfront can but they don't get along so my cat stays in the backyard at all times and the other one gets the frontyard but she catches squirrels all the time lol

rat shoot!

hey boyd! we feed our barncats year round.. the other day i went out and found the just remains of a bunny that had been eating all my bean sprouts .... right next to the cat door into the barn.. i figure our barncat coudlnt get the haunch all the way inside
:)

by his sleep-all-day behavior you'd think he was the laziest thing ever but the bodies tell a different story... yay barncats!

Quote:
Yep, thats how that works. I know this sounds cruel but when we have a major storm or disaster event our Rottweiler goes on skimp rations. Most people wont come in the yard when they see him anyhow but disaster conditions make people do crazy things like trying to loot the gas cans for the generator and stuff like that. Hungry dogs can turn very nasty on looters.

oh believe me i'll be back out there soon with my bb gun
smile.png
making sure nobody messes with my chickens. I'm suprised my asil roo hasn't killed on because i saw one in the coop the other day and i went for my bb gun and it hauled butt. I let all of the snakes i catch in my backyard so hopefully they are helping a little bit
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom