Young duck leg problem

Hi I’m new to the site. So glad I found this!
I have 3 white peeking ducks (2male 1female) and 6 hens. My male ducks are beating up and trying to mate with my orphington hen. Now she is always hiding and won’t come out of the coop. She is still laying eggs. Any help is appreciated.

Orphington hen chicken right? You need to separate your hens from your drakes if they actually catch her and mate her they will most likely kill her. Chickens and ducks are not anatomically made to have sex. So separate your chickens from you drakes and maybe even put your female duck in with them, 2 drakes to 1 female can even cause your female duck to be over mated and traumatized. Or try and rehome one drake or get more females, a good ratio is 3 and up ducks to each drake.

:welcome

Last edited:
Hi I’m new to the site. So glad I found this!
I have 3 white peeking ducks (2male 1female) and 6 hens. My male ducks are beating up and trying to mate with my orphington hen. Now she is always hiding and won’t come out of the coop. She is still laying eggs. Any help is appreciated.
you need to remove the male ducks they will kill the chickens trying to mate

Orphington hen chicken right? You need to separate your hens from your drakes if they actually catch her and mate her they will most likely kill her. Chickens and ducks are not anatomically made to have sex. So separate your chickens from you drakes and maybe even put your female duck in with them, 2 drakes to 1 female can even cause your female duck to be over mated and traumatized. Or try and rehome one drake or get more females, a good ratio is 3 and up ducks to each drake.

Yes. I was afraid of that. May have to just rehome a male. ( I only

I only got 3 cuz I felt bad, was only gonna get 2. I was afraid of that. I will have to rehome him. Will the 1 boy duck stop since no competition and his own female to mate?

5 isn’t necessary unless you have room for that many then by all means go for it . I’d at least have 3 females to your drake your keeping but one on her own is going to suffer damage and possibly injury .

Back
Top Bottom