Young Easter Egger sick

Jwebb35

Chirping
Mar 30, 2022
Central IN
My Easter egger (born Feb 22) is not doing well. Last evening I noticed her sleeping a lot with tail down. She does not seem to be egg bound. When I locked them up (they free range all day) I checked her crop and it was empty. I checked for mice/lice and saw none although I bought first sat lime and will treat them and run just in case. This morning I checked poo for worms and saw none, but it was pure diarrhea. She has fresh water as well as apple cider vinegar water and she is currently sleeping away from the other birds under the blackberry bush. What is going on with my poor girl? I just bought probiotics and electrolytes that I'll pick up soon. Help! 😭😭♥️

Can you post a pic? How hot is it? Have you noticed any undigested food in anyone's poo? Can you make sure she eats, stuff some scrambled yolk and grubs into her beak. Need to keep her energy up.

I will get a Picture of her when we get home, we're at tractor supply getting probiotics, electrolytes etc.. what a great idea to scramble up some eggs and grub! I will do that for her as soon as I get home as well. She is not moving hardly all this morning. It has actually been pleasant weather, 80 yesterday in the seventies the day before.. I'm trying to rush as a major thunderstorm is going to hit in the next 20 minutes and I want to get her set up and comfy before it does.

Back
Top Bottom