Young geese at rest often

Ourgosling22

Songster
Mar 20, 2022
Central texas
Hi, all-sorry, me again.
Still keeping close eye on my young geese that I have been having issues with.(Gelato/Sherbert)
They are a bonded pair. I need to see what their gender is just so I’d know.lol
My question is-they still lay at rest quite a bit. I’m still putting nutritional yeast in their feed.(flockraiser crumbles and on occasion mixed with a little of duck pellets) Last week I gave them each 1 ml vit b complex directly into their mouth for a couple of days. They eat ok. I’m not too satisfied about the quantity that they seem to eat. ( I free range them as much as possible.) they just don’t seem like voracious eaters unlike the rest of my ducks and 1 year old goose.
Is this normal? Should I do something different? The constant resting-are their legs still not strong enough?
I’m just trying to make sure they are healthy and ok for most part.
Any thoughts?

I’d still have them on liquid BComplex daily. When my goslings were growing fast they laid down quite a bit. They didn’t have niacin def but I think it’s just they grow so fast. They did get liquid b complex daily until they were looking more steady and stronger on their legs.

I’d still have them on liquid BComplex daily. When my goslings were growing fast they laid down quite a bit. They didn’t have niacin def but I think it’s just they grow so fast. They did get liquid b complex daily until they were looking more steady and stronger on their legs.
Ok will keep doing then. Did you put in their water or give directly in their mouth?
The 2 have their own space in coop at night for time being. The older goose is still a little surly toward them.

Directly in mouth or put in their water?

Back
Top Bottom