Young hen standing on weird posture, away from flock

mv2sa

In the Brooder
May 5, 2021
Northern California
She is an Easter egger, about 18-20 weeks old, I do not have her weight but she is seems fine on that regard. I never seen her in this posture, started at some point today. I am hoping she might just be trying to lay her first egg, but worried could that it could be something else.

She was not the author of the strawberry murder scene.

20210505_185029.jpg

She is an Easter egger, about 18-20 weeks old, I do not have her weight but she is seems fine on that regard. I never seen her in this posture, started at some point today. I am hoping she might just be trying to lay her first egg, but worried could that it could be something else.

She was not the author of the strawberry murder scene.

View attachment 2652132
Haha the strawberry murder scene made me laugh! Sorry I can't offer much advice as I'm pretty new to chicken keeping but I hope your chicken is ok!

:welcome :welcome :welcome

The look on her face says something up. Try placing her in the sun for a while and see if that helps. If it doesn't, try giving her molasses, water, and Apple Cider Vinegar mixed together.

Hey just updating the situation, I think my girl will be fine, she actually did lay her first egg yesterday, I found it on the side of my house, she is still a bit less active than normal and I did see her on that posture a couple more times but I think she is just going through a lot 😆. I hate to debut on this forum with this thread, I promise a proper introduction thread later 😉.

20210506_135430.jpg

Hey just updating the situation, I think my girl will be fine, she actually did lay her first egg yesterday, I found it on the side of my house, she is still a bit less active than normal and I did see her on that posture a couple more times but I think she is just going through a lot 😆. I hate to debut on this forum with this thread, I promise a proper introduction thread later 😉.

View attachment 2654062
Glad to hear it!

Back
Top Bottom