Young, not-laying quail can't stand up! Help!

Keeping her warm and separated from the rest of your birds is a good start. Does her poop look normal? She is eating, but can you tell if she's eating and drinking as much as usual?

Can you get a video of her trying to walk and upload it to YouTube then post a link here?

Keeping her warm and separated from the rest of your birds is a good start. Does her poop look normal? She is eating, but can you tell if she's eating and drinking as much as usual?

Can you get a video of her trying to walk and upload it to YouTube then post a link here?
She just went to the other corned of the cage, closer to the lamp. Poops seem okay. I think she eats and drinks normally. I'll try to catch it on record, but i can tell that she is like crawling with her belly and knees touching the ground.

She's probably 8-10 weeks old. Or something about that
I'm guessing that she has a minor injury since she's eating, drinking, and pooping normally. Keep her separated and warm, and keep an eye on her for the next couple of days. If she's doesn't show improvement, you will need to decide what to do then.

Of course, you want to keep an eye on your other birds in case they begin to show similar symptoms in case it's sickness of some kind.

I'm guessing that she has a minor injury since she's eating, drinking, and pooping normally. Keep her separated and warm, and keep an eye on her for the next couple of days. If she's doesn't show improvement, you will need to decide what to do then.

Of course, you want to keep an eye on your other birds in case they begin to show similar symptoms in case it's sickness of some kind.
ya i agree

Does one leg seem worse than the other? Does/can she extend and retract both legs? If a bird slips a tendon, they will often waddle on the hocks like your video. To check if the tendon has slipped, hold the hock (knee) between your thumb and index finger like you are pinching a pencil gently. Twist it gently like you are rolling the pencil between your fingers. If the tendon slipped, you will feel it snap back into place, like rolling a rubber band into a notch. If the tendon slipped it will probably continue to slip, even after it’s been put in place.

Back
Top Bottom