Young pullet with a broken beak

She doesn't seem to be in any pain. I'll wet her feed for a while, so her beak can heal. The littles have been with the bigs for maybe a little over two months. We've had no critical problems, till now. The littles are probably a little over 3 months.

So it sounds like they have been together long enough to knock off the silly attitudes.

I understand your coop is not how you want it.
If you can post a couple pics we may be able to come up with a few "easy" fixes to make it work better.

So it sounds like they have been together long enough to knock off the silly attitudes.

I understand your coop is not how you want it.
If you can post a couple of pics we may be able to come up with a few "easy" fixes to make it work better.

You see, it's like they are two different flocks. The bigs have their pecking order, and just beat up on the littles. The littles have their pecking order and run away from the bigs. Yes, I'm not sure it's enough room for eight chickens. I want them to be happy and I, myself have a few suggestions. I'll post pictures later when I let the bigs out for a while before they have to go to bed.

You see, it's like they are two different flocks. The bigs have their pecking order, and just beat up on the littles. The littles have their pecking order and run away from the bigs. Yes, I'm not sure it's enough room for eight chickens. I want them to be happy and I, myself have a few suggestions. I'll post pictures later when I let the bigs out for a while before they have to go to bed.

I see that in my flocks too. Kind of a flock within a flock. It is pretty normal....unless the bigs are continuing to chase and peck the littles after they have run away.

Once the young start laying they get a little more assertive and things ease up some.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom