Young upstart without chickens

JaegerSte

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2021
Hey, I'm jaeger!

I'm a 19 year old german fella who aspires to have a small homestead farm one day

I currently do not own chickens though I have often found helpful info on quails here which I DO own! I have a pair of chinese painted quails named Red and Valentine who I originally bought to breed quail chicks as snake feeders but I quickly fell in love with them as pets, and I want to gain experience with breeding in the near future, hopefully around this year!

20210318_151938.jpg

Because I plan on moving out of germany after I finished school I will not be committing to chickens until I have emigrated, but will definitely stay on the quail breeding plans until then as I plan on integrating them into my future egg and meat production :)

I'm on my way to becoming a carpenter which greatly aids me in building things like coups and runs, I keep my pair of quails in a repurposed Guinea pig enclosure which I built myself a few years ago.

As I've mentioned, aside from my two quails I also have a snake, corn snake to be exact, two dogs, a cat and three Guinea pigs who are living just above the quails.
IMG_20210306_134144_574.jpg
IMG_20210224_162813_561.jpg
20201215_232331.jpg

Other hobbies mostly include art and vulture culture/taxidermy, and obviously doing handiwork.

Hoping for a nice stay here and learning more about the hobby! I'm excited to share my journey to owning chickens on here :D

Back
Top Bottom