Young'ns first snow

torilovessmiles

Songster
5 Years
Sep 19, 2014
Central West Virginia
Winter got a bit of a late start this year where I live, and last spring's chicks have so far got to happily free-range through the normally chilly months. Until today.

She stood there for like 10 minutes looking at the sky

Then attempted to escape by flying on the roof. She failed to escape by flying on the roof.

Even my fluffy-butt salmon Faverolles doesn't know what to think of it (he stays with the bantams because the full-sized
chickens pick on him)

Picking some graham crackers out of the snow

Chuckie, absolutely bumfuzzled yet overjoyed by the mysterious wet powder

I just had to share some pictures of my younger birds' first snow. I love winter pictures!

Feel free to share your winter pics!

Cute pictures, thanks for sharing!

I'd share pictures of my winter but being in FL, the only difference is the flowers have wilted, lol.

Cute pictures, thanks for sharing!

I'd share pictures of my winter but being in FL, the only difference is the flowers have wilted, lol.
The snow is beautiful, but FL sure sounds nice right about now!
gig.gif

The snow is beautiful, but FL sure sounds nice right about now!
gig.gif

It hasn't been too nice the past couple of days. We've had low's in the 30's and that's tooooo cold for me. I need to move back to south FL, this north FL stuff is rough, lol.

Love the look on Chuckie's face in your last photo!

Those pictures are fantastic! Just look at them, like, what in the world is this stuff? Really cute. Sure wish I could get a bit of snow down here!
That little golden sebright just could not understand it! She and the Silkie pullet wouldn't even come out today, even though most of the snow melted. They didn't want to touch the stuff! Lol

Back
Top Bottom