Your 1st Car --- NEW or USED ?

BruceAZ

Songster
May 18, 2016
Valley of the Sun :)

when you are male and under 25 (especially when 16-17) the insurance premium is always cut throat

so to keep the premium at an affordable range.. (beside other way to help lower the premiums)

often time most teenagers will be starting out with a used car..

maybe i can finally sell my 1st car to get some money toward my a new car this year.. this will be my 1st new car..

sadly beside Telsa (too expensive).. you can't really order directly from the car manufacturer for other brands..

I've never had a brand new car. Always used. I've never seen the point of buying a brand new car when you can get a perfectly serviceable older car for less.

there are pros and cons when it comes to new vs used cars

new car will lose about 27% of its value the 1st year.. and about 50% its 3rd year

which is why it's best to buy a used car that is 3+ year old . since it should be about 1/2 the purchase price by then

but the main problem with used car is the repair costs

a co-worker of mine likes to buy a car use it for 3-4 years.. putting on like 20-30k mile/year on it .. then trading it in and get something else

in his own words "passing the potential problems of a used car to someone else because i don't want to deal with it"

when you are buying used.. for those who didn't do their homework you can get a lemon.. or a car that will cost more to repair than what your originally purchased it for..

cars are more reliable now a day.. but there are still brands or models that are prone to problems..

0.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom