Your best chicken recipie?

ChocolateMouse

Free Ranging
7 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Cleveland OH
So yesterday I went ahead and invented these super delicious chicken nuggets.

http://quarteracrehome.wordpress.com/2013/09/20/recipie-post-chicken-nuggets/

And I was thinking, I wonder what other recipes people have come up with or made that is their best recipe for a chicken? Do you make a killer Coq au Vin, or maybe your chicken and dumplings are the best ever?

I have several meat birds and laying roos growing out and I'd love some of BYC's best recipes to make with them!

(PS, please try to post comprehensive recipes, especially with measurements. My "pinch", "dash", "glug" or "swig" might not be the same as yours!)

I'm going to try this tonight! I'm so glad it's baked & not fried. I also have some panko that I I'm going to try on some of the pieces, I'll let you know how they come out.

They're sooo good and they have far less oil than a fried version, but because of the oil they still taste fried.

I tried some frozen/microwaved today, it takes about 1 min 30 to heat them through.... Not bad but the breading gets really soft.

I really want a good recipe for coq au vin for an old hen.

Last edited:
Your recipe is so very close to mine - only I use saltines or townhouse crackers instead of the bread crumbs.

Boneless-skinless chicken breasts - cut into nugget sized chunks
1 sleeve of saltine crackers (Townhouse or Ritz give a nice buttery flavor)
1/2 T. Seasoned salt
1/2 T. garlic powder
1 egg (optional)
milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

If using egg, beat with milk in bowl until egg disappears. Sometimes I use an egg, sometimes just egg whites, sometimes just milk.
Spray your cookie sheet with olive oil.

Place crackers into ziplock bag and mash into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. (you can also use a blender or food processor)
Season crumbs to taste - Pour 1/2 the crackers into a bowl.

Dip small amount of chicken into egg/milk mix. Drain slightly and place in bowl of cracker crumbs and stir to coat them good - make sure to press the crumbs onto the chicken slightly. Place on cookie sheet in a single layer. Repeat with rest of chicken, adding more crumbs to the bowl as needed. Depending on the amount of chicken you are making you may have some crumbs left for the next time.

Spray the top of the chicken pieces with olive oil.

Bake 7 minutes - turn over, bake 7 minutes more. Remove one piece from the middle of the pan and cut it open to make sure it is done before serving. I also cook these in my convection oven for 5 min per side at 425, whenever I remember that I own a convection oven that is.

Experiment with the recipe, everyone likes stuff a little different. My sister likes less salt/more garlic, Townhouse crackers can handle more seasoned salt than the saltines. I have also used just italian herbs and garlic in the crackers and it was very good.

Your recipe is so very close to mine - only I use saltines or townhouse crackers instead of the bread crumbs.

Boneless-skinless chicken breasts - cut into nugget sized chunks
1 sleeve of saltine crackers (Townhouse or Ritz give a nice buttery flavor)
1/2 T. Seasoned salt
1/2 T. garlic powder
1 egg (optional)
milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

If using egg, beat with milk in bowl until egg disappears. Sometimes I use an egg, sometimes just egg whites, sometimes just milk.
Spray your cookie sheet with olive oil.

Place crackers into ziplock bag and mash into fine crumbs with a rolling pin. (you can also use a blender or food processor)
Season crumbs to taste - Pour 1/2 the crackers into a bowl.

Dip small amount of chicken into egg/milk mix. Drain slightly and place in bowl of cracker crumbs and stir to coat them good - make sure to press the crumbs onto the chicken slightly. Place on cookie sheet in a single layer. Repeat with rest of chicken, adding more crumbs to the bowl as needed. Depending on the amount of chicken you are making you may have some crumbs left for the next time.

Spray the top of the chicken pieces with olive oil.

Bake 7 minutes - turn over, bake 7 minutes more. Remove one piece from the middle of the pan and cut it open to make sure it is done before serving. I also cook these in my convection oven for 5 min per side at 425, whenever I remember that I own a convection oven that is.

Experiment with the recipe, everyone likes stuff a little different. My sister likes less salt/more garlic, Townhouse crackers can handle more seasoned salt than the saltines. I have also used just italian herbs and garlic in the crackers and it was very good.
I do this very thing but have always used halibut and fried it in a pan. Going to have to try with chicken. Also got to have it with franks red hot. So nummy!!!

Back
Top Bottom