Your experience with rats?

Quote:
A good trap placement along what looked like their travel trail, and crumbs of corn leading to the back.

The same trap setup works for all animals (the trap size and bait might need to change, but in general it works).

a lot of time if you get the placement right you do not need bait I use this all the time just set the trap where they are traveling like a hole under a fence the purlins on a fence etc

Very true. It's the same way I set my raccoon traps. I swear location is 90% of the battle. I've caught so many possums in a set and empty trap by just putting it against the fence. LOL

I also have trapped without bait, however it helps out if you cast a larger net by leading them, funny thing about what it does to their eagerness to enter the trap.

I'll have to try using traps like the one you have.

We close the coop door at night, but sometimes one will go in during the day and my chickens will come out.

Haven't had any signs of rats for a while now, but wanted to add to this post. In the past, we bought those block poisons and screwed a block of it onto a 2x4 to enable us to slide it under the shed coop out of reach of pets and chickens. Then we could also pull it out and check the bait and screw another block on if needed.

Back
Top Bottom