YOUR HOUSE!!! A Pic please?!?!

Quote:
...now that you mention it... I too miss the porches here! (there arent any) ... Here one is luchy to even have a strip of green separating your front door from the sidewalk in most cases.
(Land is at premium here in The Netherlands)

We will sigh together Dlhunicorn.....(((((SIGHHHH)

Front:
propertypics030-1.jpg

Left Side(our property includes, and goes beyond, that second home on the property at the back):
propertypics031.jpg

Right side(the fencing and gate are no longer there):
propertypics028.jpg

Me, bundled up(just noticed, that outfit makes my legs look kinda funny - but they're not!) last fall walking the dogs towards the back portion of the property...
walkingwithScotch007.jpg

wow - what wonderful homes!

Okay, here's ours - a work in progress to say the least. Built in 1861 - we are on just over 5 acres with nearly a 3/4 acre pond in the very back of the property (which we need to redo unforunately, the dam is breeched
sad.png
) so lots of $$ there but that will be the very last thing we do. House comes first! We've replaced all the windows and the shingled parts of the roof (addition was added in 1880 which now holds the kitchen and dining rooms off the back) - It still has its original turne metal roof from when it was built in 1861! Slow and steady as she goes I keep telling myself (but wow do I want this all done NOW
hmm.png
). Kitchen and bathroom will be done in the spring. Original smoke house is still here as well - we use it as a storage shed.

We love it here! a work in progress...

These were taken in January of this year (nearly our only snow fall here this year) and in the spring. Reminds me I need to take pictures of it now with all the fall decorations!

houseinspring080018.jpg

1stsnowJan080032.jpg

1stsnowJan080009.jpg

Last edited:
What beautiful Beautiful homes. There is something about this time of year that every home with a warm glow of light inside is cozy and inviting. I have a special fondness for the older country homes, ... they are so beautiful, and I imagine them to be so rich with history and laughter amongst the walls.

Did anyone ever read the Anne of Green Gables series? When she mentions the 'disappointed house'. Homes with warm lights and candles, love and laughter, refuse to be disappointed homes. Sadly, there is a house near ours that I would call a disappointed house. I want to buy it just so we can make it warm and whole again.

Back
Top Bottom