Your Near Death Experience

Two come to mind. I was with another couple in their small boat in Eureka, CA. We were just tooling around, protected by the jetty and not going out into the ocean. The one and only motor quit, no oars (dumb) and no lifejackets (dumber). So there we are drifting out towards the ocean! We were rescued by the Coast Guard but that was pretty scary. Hard lesson learned, never EVER go in a boat without a jacket! Another time in Colorado I almost went off Monarch Pass on my way to Denver. There was a bit of snow on the ground and my car started fishtailing. No guard rail but I was able to stop before sliding down into a long long long drop. I sat there for a bit trying to stop shaking when a highway worker came over to the car. Didn't ask if I was ok. Just told me to move the car so that rescue workers could retrive another car that went over!

One time I was carpooling with some people and the gates went down while we were on the track. Fortunately the train was on the track we weren't on. We all lived.

when i was 16 i had a fast car. it was a 5 speed, and i thought it would be fun to race some other people on the freeway. I got up to 120+ and didnt make the slight left turn in the freeway. My car was only 2 inches off the ground, so i didnt flip it. Instead I spun out of control (As much as i tried to correct the spin, i was going way to fast). I couldnt see anything because of the smoke from my tires, since i locked the brakes up. I also, couldnt hear anything. My hearing was shut off, and I was focusing on trying to control the car. My car went UNDERNEATH the median cables, and spun a 360, and were facing traffic on the other side of the freeway IN THE FAST LANE. We could see cars coming at us. We were only 5 miles from home.....I had a friend in the car with me... neither of us were wearing a seat belt, all 4 windows were down and my doors were not locked. My friend was in shock, and couldnt say a word. I thought she was dead. I shook her, and then she turned and looked at me. I told her to get out of the car. Both of us got out without a scratch on us. Which is a miracle of God. Because the median cable snapped the back window and glass shattered everywhere (the plan was that my boyfriend would ride with me and she would have sat in the back). There were MASSIVE dents all the way up the car, and a huge dent in the front left corner, and the back left side. The fire dept. was sure we were hurt, or something was wrong. I'm shocked we didnt make the news. It was bad. Both my friend and I should have been dead.

Quote:
ep.gif
Wow you are lucky!

Quote:
ep.gif
Wow you are lucky!

Yes i was, i realized that a few years later. I was devestated when i was that age. Cried all day.
The car was totaled obviously. It was paid off, and my mom even got $17,000 for it after the wreck. The state didnt charge me for repairing the median cables because they "failed" because i went under them. For years you could see the skid marks on the freeway.
i dont have the after pictures, but here is what the car looked like BEFORE

22554_dads_band_011.jpg

I almost drowned in a wave pool as a kid-couldn't get the side, and couldn't stay up. Fortunately a lifeguard pulled me out. Then I was the victim of an attempted kidnapping as a child. Some guy said my sister and I left the lights on in his truck. But we hadn't been anywhere near there. If it wasn't for the quick thinking of my sister..I don't know. She went up to an abandoned house and told the guy she'd tell our parents if he didn't leave. He did, fortunately. Don't you think if he really thought we'd messed with our truck he'd want to talk to our parents?

Luckily for me, nothing too serious has really happened to me that bad. But one time I was riding my bike down our road with my friends, and I was looking back behind me while I was going pretty fast still (probably wasn't the best idea lol), and just when I turned my head back to look where I was going, I saw our neighbor's mailbox and turned just in time.
th.gif
It wouldn't have killed me, but it would have hurt! Oh and one time I crashed head-on into one of my friends while riding and bike and was thrown onto the road. But I only got a few scrapes.

My dad is lucky to still be alive after what he's been through! One time he got in a baqd car crash, was thrown out the front window and didn't wake up until he was in the hospital. He had been pronounced dead already and when he woke up the doctors were shocked. Also, he's had a few heart attacks and strokes. He says that God knew he wasn't meant to go yet, and he should have died in many situations, but if it wasn't his time, it wouldn't happen.
smile.png

Wow! You guys have had some really close calls! I'm so glad I haven't!

I was caught sneaking out my bedroom window to go to the prom at 16 (I was grounded because my mom didn't like the boy I was going with. being caught by mom was a near-death experiance.....
rant.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
smack.gif

In retrospect the guy was a jerk.
old.gif

Now i'm the mom.

When I was around 10, I got in a accident with a MACK truck. We were on the highway and going about 75 MPH and his tire popped and hit our little Suzuki and we flipped and the car got totaled. My head got cracked open but I was fine =]. Thank god. I'm in high school now and all thats there is a scar
smile.png

Not sure if this would count, but it's definitely scary
hide.gif

It was my 3rd year of 4-H and I was showing my heifer. And that day I was showing her she happened to be in heat. Bear in mind I was about 11 or 12 at the time
hmm.png
Once I brought her round the ring in front of the judges table, she decided to mount me. If I hadn't back away I would've had 1200 pounds of hot heifer on me
th.gif
But the best part? My mom got it alllll on tape
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom