Your on a Chicken Forum?!!!?!!!?

I am often asked "how did you learn so much about chickens?" It"s my shameful little secret (and yours!)
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

My DH knows that I'm crazy, and he also knows how much I love my chooks. He thought that I'd get tired of them - no way. They are such a delight.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
Can't seem to get enough of them or the forum.

My friends all made fun of me for being on a chicken forum...that is until I invited them to read the infamous vent thread. They loved it and shared it with everyone they knew. Now when I see them they often ask what's new on BYC. But then again, I have weird friends.

I still can't believe that I never read a single book about chickens, and never consulted anyone, expert or otherwise, about chickens, yet here I am, with a healthy, successful flock. (First egg today!! Whee!)

I met a neighbor with chickens, and was surprised to discover that I know a lot more than she does, all because of this board.

THANK YOU, ALL!

I've proudly told co-workers, and my family, that I belong to a chicken forum, and the looks they've given me, well, you would've thought that I told them that I went and did something publicly embarrasing! They all had the need to ask me...... you belong to a what forum.....? Chicken? I've gotten snickers, looks, stares, mouths drop open when I tell them this forum is called BackYardChickens. My family already knows my fave bird is chicken (since my first pet was a chicken). I tell them whatever you want/need to know will be found on this forum! I then get asked this question....How did you find this chicken forum? I tell them that I found this by typing chicken forums,..... same for other animal forums I just read for fun.

My co-workers are amazed too, and entertained, and shocked, and making jokes, and wodering if I have chicken poop in between my toes...!! Too funny! Course yesterday was the worst becasue I stopped by the feed store before I got to work and my car was full of chicken feed bags, scratch and an alfalpha bale! I heard about it all day. I love Buff Hooligans' law office chick sitting story, very sweet!! and congrats to Pattycake on her first egg--hopefully mine will be soon!!
smile.png

I love this thread!! My husband just walked in and asked me "How's Chicken World?" He does that regularly when he sees me on here.
smile.png
I have such a wonderful husband!!

The kids and I saw ducks at the lake recently and we went from saying "we want ducks" to "we NEED ducks." And it is in large part to people like the infamous duck lady from the west...
smile.png

I spend way too much time here, but it is just SO fun.

My DH calls me "chicken women" a name I carry proudly
yippiechickie.gif
. I spend alot of time on here and every one has been amazing, the wealth of knowledge on this site is mind boggling. Thanks so much everybody.

Back
Top Bottom