Your worst and best Christmas present ~

Quote:
If you knew my MIL, you would understand. Hubby doesn't even speak to her often either and she's his only living relative.

What's wrong with her?You know, that isn't the worst thing she could've given you.She ccould have not gotten you anything.Or she could have gotten you a stici of gum.Or a candy bar.Or a Barney DVD.Or a spoon.Or SOMETHIING worse.

What I don't understand is why everyone is beating up on thier RILs.I have lots of RILs who have never hurt me.They actually treat me the same as thier blood realitives.I don't have an MIL,as I'm waaaaay too young to be married.But I know my future MIL is out there somewhere. (Heck,for all I know I've already seen her).My point is,with marrige comes RILs,and we should all respect the.If you don't like that,then don't marry.

(Not trying to hurt anyone's fellings,just saying what I think.I was just wondering why everyone seems to hate thier RILs so much.)

There are ALOT of in laws that just downright nasty to that person that dared to interlope and taken their baby away. I had a sister in law I would have rather seen fall off the face of the earth.

Quote:
What's wrong with her?You know, that isn't the worst thing she could've given you.She ccould have not gotten you anything.Or she could have gotten you a stici of gum.Or a candy bar.Or a Barney DVD.Or a spoon.Or SOMETHIING worse.

What I don't understand is why everyone is beating up on thier RILs.I have lots of RILs who have never hurt me.They actually treat me the same as thier blood realitives.I don't have an MIL,as I'm waaaaay too young to be married.But I know my future MIL is out there somewhere. (Heck,for all I know I've already seen her).My point is,with marrige comes RILs,and we should all respect the.If you don't like that,then don't marry.

(Not trying to hurt anyone's fellings,just saying what I think.I was just wondering why everyone seems to hate thier RILs so much.)

There are ALOT of in laws that just downright nasty to that person that dared to interlope and taken their baby away. I had a sister in law I would have rather seen fall off the face of the earth.

Nasty?Well,my dad tells me that my Granpa(who's been gone for over wo years)was pretty mean to him.

What I don't understand is why so many hate thier RILs from the day they meet to the day they die.

I don't hate all my in laws, just some of them. I probably wouldn't even say I hate them though, I feel sorry for them. They are mean, nasty people who make others miserable. They must be pretty miserable themselves. I do not go out of my way to talk to them, in fact, I go out of my way to avoid them. I am too old to put up with nasty people just because I happen to be related to them.

Edited to add: I didn't dislike them when I first met them. Only once I got to know them.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm very happy you were lucky enough to get in laws that don't resent your existence. Mine are nice, too, and that's probably the norm, but there are plenty of people out there who irrationally hate "outsiders." My mom and I came as a package deal when she married my ex dad, and she was always polite to his family and even agreed to move closer to them for his sake. His mother, however, was all malice that her precious son should marry a woman who had previously been married, and, along with being generally vicious, liked to show her hatred with the shiny new gifts for all her other relatives, and junk (and I do mean junk) she dug up from the attic for me and my mother . . . yes, I was included, since I was my mother's daughter and so "not a part of her family," even though I wasn't yet two years old when Mom married ex dad. I can't see any way for my mom to have done anything other than hate her MIL. I didn't include her gifts as the worst I've gotten since I don't consider them gifts . . . gifts are supposed to be meant kindly.

I will admit this, though . . . as much as I like my in laws, I do resent that they take time away from me being with my family. Every time I visit them for holidays there's this voice in the back of my head that says I should be with the family I grew up with right now. It's a feeling I have to ignore, but I'm sure there are plenty of people with that feeling who let it grow until they've convinced themselves they actually hate the in laws.

Believe it or not, I have not had a worst gift. Even if I wasn't wild about the gift, most of the people who sent bad gifts meant well. I don't have any family members that hate me like some of you.
hugs.gif
At least, I don't think that I do.
fl.gif

The best gift though has a story with it. My step dad promised for years to take me hunting. When I got the age that I was supposed to go, he took my cousin, because girls would get upset when Bambi died.
roll.png
I wanted a little, red swiss army knife. I wanted it so badly that I could taste it. My stepfather walked into the store with me, listened when I showed him the knife I wanted and promptly bought the knife for my male cousin. I think that I got a doll. By the way, my mom complained that I never played with the expensive dolls that she bought me.
somad.gif

Fast forward, after years of hearing my anger over that silly knife, my husband bought me one for my present. BEST GIFT EVER.

Take that, stepfather.
rant.gif

Quote:
I have told my newly married son that he can either alternate holidays with us or if that is an issue we will celebrate the holidays when he is able to do so. If that means Christmas in July, so be it. If he doesn't want to do that, then we will just have one big holiday make up sometime during the year. What ever makes him and his wife happy.

Quote:
If you knew my MIL, you would understand. Hubby doesn't even speak to her often either and she's his only living relative.

You know.... trolling is a bit of a no-no here.
Just because you have a family that seems to be wonderful does not mean the rest of us have the same thing. I owe no one an explanation of the illegal and questionable activities that has been leveled at us from this woman. You don't like that? Tough. Have no concept of how an in law can be this way? Lucky you.
Now if you'll kindly DROP this we can continue on with a rather interesting and funny thread.

Quote:
Isn't that weird? I imagined you'd be way heavier and a lot older.

That one's from last year. I'm now heavier and older.

Awww, Wombat, you are so cute!! You should defin itely be in the calendar!
tongue.png

Hmmm.I just thought of a new worst and best gift:

Worst-a suitcase full of stickers (from DM.)Wow,thanks.That's just what I've always wanted.
roll.png

Best-Four years after the stickers,DM felt bad and got me a Jasmine nightgown.I loved it.I wore it that night and-two years later-I still wear it.Infact,I just put it in a pile to be washed.Got to keep one of my best Christmas gifts sparkily clean!!!!!
fl.gif
I bet it's better than your best gift.
tongue2.gif
bun.gif

Last edited:
Quote:

You know.... trolling is a bit of a no-no here.
Just because you have a family that seems to be wonderful does not mean the rest of us have the same thing. I owe no one an explanation of the illegal and questionable activities that has been leveled at us from this woman. You don't like that? Tough. Have no concept of how an in law can be this way? Lucky you.
Now if you'll kindly DROP this we can continue on with a rather interesting and funny thread.

Trolling?Trolling is posting to upset someone.I'm posting to ask a question. It's just so many people don't like thier RILs and I'm asking why.Yes,I have no concept of how an in law can be this way,BECAUSE YOUNG CHILDREN DON'T HAVE MANY RILs.The thing is,If families are supposed to be so wonderful,I don'tsee how your MIL could hate you.For what?You've done nothing wrong.Now,if you'll kindly share your story. You don't want to? K.

As long as I know I've been treated kindly and taken seirioudly,I will leave this subject as just that.

Back
Top Bottom