You're chicken crazy when.....

You know you're chicken crazy...

When you have a Rooster crow for your cell phone's ring tone

You sing songs to your flock, changing the words to be "more chicken theme" so they'll enjoy it

You'd rather clean the coop than clean your house & you're more proud of a clean coop than a clean house

You hug & kiss your Roos & Hens...a lot

If you need cheering up, you hang out with your flock.
If it's a beautiful sunny day, you spend it with your flock

If a rainy day is forecast, you clean the coop spotless, fill feed & fresh water cause you know they'll be stuck inside
You buy them toys, cabbage hangers, xylophone & swings, so they won't be too bored rainy days inside

You grocery shop & cook for your flock
You decorate the coop
You paint murals in the coop
You always have ideas, renovations & improvements for the coop & pen
You plant greens for your flock
Your favorite store to shop is Tractor Supply
You love to wear chicken theme T-shirts
You awake immediately out of a sound sleep when a fox barks or an owl hoots
You'll throw a coat & boots over your PJs & run out to the coop if you think any critter is disturbing your flock's beauty sleep

A Rooster's crow is music to your ears
I thought I was the only one😅

How did i miss this?? I like it! I wonder if they might peck open presents, like how dogs scratch open the wrapping paper 🤔
Maybe if mealworms are inside! Oh that would be fun to watch! As long as they don't eat the paper :hmm I'll have to try it! ...maybe I'll try dye one of my white Silkies Christmas colours! 🤔😯.. I have Christmas lights hanging on outside of my coop but that was to deter predators :D I might add some tinsel!

Maybe if mealworms are inside! Oh that would be fun to watch! As long as they don't eat the paper :hmm I'll have to try it! ...maybe I'll try dye one of my white Silkies Christmas colours! 🤔😯.. I have Christmas lights hanging on outside of my coop but that was to deter predators :D I might add some tinsel!
Oh, great idea! I like your thinking!

I always assumed i was a bit crazier than most. Now you have provided evidence. I always thank whoever and tell them what a good job they are doing.
I can tell who laid which egg... Bella lays the shiny ones, Nala lays the non shiny ones, Minnie lays the pointy ones, and Daisy lays the perfect egg shape ones 🥚🥚🥚🥚

Love your profile chick! So cute! Polish, correct?
That is Nala, my silkie, when she was a cute tiny chicky chick!
This is her now
20201108_220116.jpg

When you cut a perfectly good yoga mat into strips, to add some soft cushioning and warmth to the night time perch... even though you know they will likely pick at it & it will need to be removed
I tried that with pool noodles!
Wrapped snug around perch for cushy feet! Reminded me of insulating pipe. They didn't peck at them but they did become a poopy mess, so they had to go.

Back
Top Bottom