You're not going to believe this!!

Quote:
I feel so great about it. This is a first for me. I've had my girls about 2 months now. So, everything is pretty exciting.

It was funny to see them throw pieces of pine shaving onto their backs. And the panting, yikkes!! I wanted to hand her a cold beer!

yuckyuck.gif

So did you?
lol.png

The first time I saw one of the girls laying an egg solved a six month mystery.
For six we use to pick our eggs from the nesting box when some of them had a dent in the pointy side of the egg, we were bugling our minds trying to think what and why the eggs are dented.
We thought that one of the hens has a bad habit and might be peaking on the eggs or accidentally rearrange them and damage the eggs.
Until one morning I was by the coop and one of my EE, RIP , was in the nesting box I stood there for a while and stared at her than suddenly she stood up and laid an egg, the egg hit a hard surface of the nesting box and got dented on the pointy side of it. MYSTERY SOLVED.
An hour later I cut peaces of carpet and put it down on the nest boxes floor for soft landing.

Quote:
I feel so great about it. This is a first for me. I've had my girls about 2 months now. So, everything is pretty exciting.

It was funny to see them throw pieces of pine shaving onto their backs. And the panting, yikkes!! I wanted to hand her a cold beer!

lau.gif
gig.gif

Thanks for all the great replies! I got sick last night...kind of crept up on me, but this morning when I checked email it was fun to read everything. Took my mind off other things... Anyway, the girls roamed around the yard for awhile this am then pecked at the door for their bread treat. They absolutly love wheat bread. I won't be spying on them too much anymore. It did make me a little uncomfortable plus gave me a stiff neck, bent down peeking inside the hen house. And no special pancake breakfast, my husband doesn't even get fed in the morning. He'd fall over to see me out of bed and cooking for the hens when I won't even cook for him!!

I love this chicken stuff and all you supporters out there!

Thanks!
love.gif

I drank the cold beer instead! Two of 'em

When I had my lost flock I had some WCBP and one was squating near the dog run of all places. Garnd daughter was 3 then. She yells "GRANDMA LOOK" ran up on the hen before I could open my mouth and caught the egg before it hit the ground, She handed it to me and says "ummm it was wet, now it's dry. Why was it wet?" Grandpa told her why and she wrinkled her nose and said "I gotta wash my hand now please."

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

The first time I ever for an egg was one of the most exciting days of my life, and I still get excited everyday checking the egg boxes and now that my pullets are all starting to lay its great wondering how many eggs and what colour I am going to get!!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

The first time I ever for an egg was one of the most exciting days of my life, and I still get excited everyday checking the egg boxes and now that my pullets are all starting to lay its great wondering how many eggs and what colour I am going to get!!

This is what I'm afraid of!! I only have 2 now but does the future hold? More chickens? In my urban back yard!? Uh-oh! I just love the little ladies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom