youtube idiots rant

greenthumb89

Songster
11 Years
May 30, 2008
pulaski wisconsin
ok i was surfing youtube and came across a video of a guy showing so decent looking brahmas, he then began to tell people that brahmas where some of the fiercest chicken breeds because they had Malay in their ancestry...i told him no look at the feathers and the temperment of the breed as a whole. the feathers because as a whole the softer the feather make up the less aggressive Roos seem to be because to fight the hard, tight to body feathers were bred that way to have less purchase for the opposing roo. he laughed at me and told me my theories about them being a calm breed was stupid. then i saw some easter chicks you know the colored ones and someone told me that all incubated chicks are lighter then ones incubated by the mother...he said that is why meat birds(cornishX) and commercial egglayers(white leghorns) are hatched with yellow fuzz...i hate ignorant people

i hear ya...i just dislike very strongly...people who think they are know it alls when in fact they know nothing

Especially when we DO know it all... well, at least 15,000+ people collectively. LOL
big_smile.png

At least he had the malay correct. The Langshans (early brahma types) had more of a malay look, but I doubt they were being bred for fiercness....lol
big_smile.png
They are eating birds and layers...silly youtuber...
roll.png

so when are u gonna post the vid so the whole BYC community can correct him??? LOL!! J/k...although that would be funny. Maybe he'd decide to join so that he could actually learn a thing or two. And Alexis is right: we do know everything. There's over 15,000 of us, come on now....LOL! Gotta love this place....

I swear most YouTubers are morons when it comes to the subject they are posting a video about. Atleast the people posting about animal related things are.
Dont even get me going on the horse training, riding, handling related videos:rolleyes:
I am not saying that ALL the people that post vids there are morons, just a pretty decent amount of them

Quote:
lol.png
It's been over 37 years since I incubated and hatched out stuff (I had turkey and ducks back then).

This year I started to get young poultry, when I found this site. It has refreshed and brought new insights to my understanding, as well as help that I never even thought of.. like wood chips to soak up poo.. etc..

I grew up way back when the old farmers had karosine lamps...
lol.png

In other words, in what I am saying, you're never to old to learn something new.. cough cough...
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom