YouTube video of my nightly chores

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sfraker, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Sfraker

Sfraker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    I am going to start doing a weekly video of my efforts at homesteading and duck raising. We were relocated from Wisconsin to North Carolina 2 years ago. This is mostly for my family and friends back in Wisconsin to see what we are doing and what our place is like. I am somewhat proud of my first attempt at using iMovie so I thought I would share.

I put up my first video last night and realized a section repeats. WHOOPS! It will get better with practice. LOL!

[​IMG]

https://www.youtube.com/user/whatamasterpiece

2. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    cute videos!!

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Bravo!
    [​IMG]

4. farm316

farm316 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2014
    [​IMG]Are you going to post anymore videos?? your pekin is cute and how you can train him to wag his tail! Whats the finish to the new coop for the ducks??

5. Sfraker

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    I try to post every weekend. [​IMG]

My daughter used worms to teach Ferd to wag. He gets excited and wags when he sees them. He had to wag to get one. Honestly he wags so much I'm not sure if he knows the word or if it's always a coincidence. [​IMG]

Rained all last weekend so no coop work done. Went to the store and got some more supplies and the weather looks good this weekend. So we will be working this weekend.

6. emmajane07

emmajane07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2014
    Missouri
    @Sfraker how did you get your ducks to go up in the roost to lay? Mine just lay them on the ground where they sleep :(

7. Sfraker

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    Put a golf ball or other fake egg in the nest box. That may trick them into laying where you want

8. emmajane07

emmajane07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2014
    Missouri
    They don't even attempt to go up there. Uhg.

9. Sfraker

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    Maybe put some special treats up there. I would sprinkle meal worms in the straw for them to find. It kept them up in the nest box for a bit while they dug around looking

10. Sfraker

Feb 17, 2014
    Western NC
    I uploaded a new video. It has some footage of the next step in building our coop. It is a loooooong slow process. We have never built anything before so are trying to ensure we make as few mistakes as possible by thinking it through and going slow. Plus we can only work on Sundays if we do not have anything else going on. :(

Also has updates on ducks, guineas, garden, horse, etc... :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by