lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

cant stop laughing how funny i think purple chicken bites his
tongue.png

after raising lovebirds and cockatiels for years, li'l ol' rooster nips feel like love pinches. On the serious side, I have one roo that occasionally annoys me from behind. He is gorgeous and I should probably use him for a while before I see what he tastes like.

i bite mine!! a few still have nightmares about it, 1 wont even look at me,,, guess shoving their heads into your mouth really makes an impression on em,, hehe
big_smile.png

but ,,,, your roo may do it again,, you told him he was boss by letting him go and getting some one else to do it. tomorrow night, dont pick him up like that, reach down, grab his head, and pick him up,, a little, walk SLOWLY to their "spot", and throw him in there. thats telling him your boss.
and ya never know,, maybe somehow you scared him, or "jumped" him, or maybe he was just having 1 of those days. he was gentle,, TRUST ME, he was gentle, if he meant to hurt you badly, he would of pulled a chunk out, not jus a scrape.

Quote:
Hello, for me I will never tolerate a bad behavior from a rooster ever,today I had my only rooster for dinner,because he started to be real bad with the girls,this is the seconed rooster I ate in two months,I am planning on getting a bantam rooster this time and see how it will go,but I tell you what he wore the hens out with his loud noises all day long and jumping on them constantly,so that's it for me with the roosters for a while,if one of my hens goes broody I am going to get her some fertiled eggs from my neiboughr he has about 60 girls and 4 or 5 roosters.
I really don't try to be mean for roosters but I heard stories about mean roosters and I decided not to let something like this happen to my flock.

My roo has gotten my dad a few times! He would just be sitting there in a chair and Kernal(the roo) just came up and bite his hand! Scared the bejeepers outa my father. Then Kernal just kinda walked off and chuckled.
gig.gif

Thanks all. I have since moved Dwight Schrute and my two RIR brothers to their own pen permanently. Dwight wasn't thrilled at first, and sometimes I see him patrolling the fenceline, but I think everyone is happier overall. The best part is that Dwight the Biter now puts himself to bed at night - hops up on the roost all by himself when it gets dark. I sometimes have to coax the Reds in with him (they haven't quite figured it out yet), but then all I need to do is close up the coop.

i use roo's for what their meant for,,, protection.
their not allowed to touch me,, but they can do their dance up to the point of touching. and when my daughters wanna play with the chickens,, i tell the roo's ,, "girls are comming" and they RUN into the coop. and they had to be taught that.
and if a grown up wants in their yard, they MUST go after my roo's and scare them off, or their not allowed in.
my roo's have kept wierdos out of the yard, chased off dogs,, and if they didnt go after "something new", i'd eat them.
now NONE of my roo's are mean, but their not hens either. and if your scared of a roo, then you shouldnt own ANY kind of roo.

Quote:
I agree. I've had one BIG mean rooster I couldn't turn my back on -- even my 6'-tall-son refused to go into his pen to feed him -- and will never put up with that again. Thankfully Dwight hasn't reached that point.

One of my coworkers suggested I ask at the local shop that does deer processing for hunters and find out if they do chickens too. I don't think I'd have a problem cooking and eating one of my roos, but I just don't think I could handle the messy bloody feathery part.

Back
Top Bottom