Zane, Chapter 7/Update

hugs.gif
:aww
hugs.gif
:aww
hugs.gif

Thinking of you and of Zane and wishing the best possible path ahead, whatever it may be....
JJ

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Just wanted to check in on you and Zane and seen you both still need lots of
hugs.gif
and I think you are one awesomely strong lady to go thru all this stuff mentally & physically

You said it yourself, just look at that intelligent and healthy look in his eyes, his comb and wattles look great for all he's gone thru and going thru...his wings will be fine with the callus, they aren't infected nor inflamed.

Humans who've lost limbs for our freedom must also have parts of their bodies that have to toughen up and help out, so I'd say you've come this far, much farther than 99.99% of other humans would have attempted and that's not counting how you've suceeded as a fully functioning and healthy family.

You, your hubby and Zane have shown the world of BYC's teamwork and committment which inspires us... no faltering now!

I am consulting with Dr. Peter Brown, who has been amazingly helpful to me with Zane and other birds in the past. On his recommendations we are giving Zane baby aspirin and using a TENS unit on his leg to see if we can stimulate the nerves. We were using heat and stretching exercises, also. It was a very powerful antibiotic Doc sent me that knocked out Zane's infection finally. Honestly, he thinks there may have been permanent tendon damage and isn't sure any of this will work in the end, but is taking this little journey with me, just like you all are. We dont have a chicken vet here.

It really sounds like this doc thinks it's well worth trying, so I guess if it were me, I'd keep going, especially if your roo seems happy. I have an old, old dog that I love to pieces and he has some hip trouble, but nothing too major. His eyesight is not the best and his hearing is going, but he still seems very happy. I think if an animal loses its will, it becomes clear pretty soon. So as long as you can keep up the regimen, it sounds like Zane is fine and happy with it. And he seems to really love you guys.
smile.png

Best of luck, I hope you get a fantastic surprise one morning.
smile.png

Hmmm, Miss P has a good idea after all what do you have to lose? Put her in the pen when he comes out and keep her there everyday to see if he can manage?
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom